The chefs of Nutrition Services at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center whipped up a simple, fresh recipe for your summer cookout: grilled watermelon with feta, jalapeños and honey. It’s got that sweet and salty combo with some (optional) zing.
Watch the step-by-step video on how to make this tasty summer side from our chefs, or read on for the full recipe details.
- 2 1" thick rounds from a watermelon
- ½ tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp honey
- Cut watermelon rounds into eight slices. Brush each round of watermelon with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brush each round of watermelon with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place watermelon slices on a medium-hot grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Arrange grilled slices on a plate. Garnish each slice with chopped jalapeño, cilantro and crumbled feta cheese.
- Drizzle honey over the slices and finish with a squeeze of lime juice.